I'm Not That Old

Well, if the basis were the days we have spent here on earth, I am probably older than you are.

But if you look at it in another way, we might be of the same age.  When people asked me years ago what I wanted to be when I grow up, I wasn't able to tell them anything because there was nothing to tell.  I was so happy where I was at at that time that I didn't think I'd be rather somewhere or someone else.

I was already old at that time.  Aged, maybe.  I didn't have any dreams because I felt I already attained my happiness.  I've got my toys with me.  I've got my parents with me.  I was enjoying the company of my baby brother (baby then).  I have my sister with me who sometimes I could pester to my heart's content.  And most of all, I've got my books with me.  I had it made... just like an old retiree.

But 15 years or so later, I am so restless.  It's like I've got to be somewhere or I've got to do something.  I can't seem to sit "still" without brainstorming of things to do.  I don't even have to sleep that very long.  A short deep nap will do (since my baby keeps me awake most of the time).  I wanted to do so many things.

I was young again.

If somebody dares to ask me "What do you want to be when you grow up?", I think she'll get a lot of answers from me.  I have again started dreaming about the future.  I feel that life is ahead of me and there's a game I have to play... but not necessarily win.  I just need to play.

I feel young again.

All of these thanks to my baby.  She made me want to be more than what I am right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Couldn't Help Myself

Coffee And Mormons

My Life In Ruins