New Girl Syndrome

Have you ever been in a situation when you are about to enter a group who seem to already know each other?

Well, it happened to me during the first day of training.  Even my co-pre-resident was already IN the group because she went through training before in the same department.  And so, the girls already knew her. That morning, everyone was excitedly talking with one another especially now that my co-pre-resident decided to take another chance in the department.

And so, there I was... on the couch.... looking unto them, feeling so like the outsider (or newcomer) that I am.

I thought to myself that it's going to be extra hard to fit in because it seems that I'm the only new person in the entire department.  Even the radiology technicians (RadTechs for short) knew her.

And so, for the next couple of days, I was trying my best to get grope through the department and trying not to feel awkward in the presence of people who already know one another.

Comments

  1. Most people can be clique-ish and it really isn't easy to worm your way into a group. It takes a while, so be patient. You'll blend in soon enough. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling, and yeah, it really sucks. But that usually passes anyway once you start working together and getting to know them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee And Mormons

Couldn't Help Myself

My Life In Ruins