What We Live By

There are certain principles in life that we all follow whether we are aware of it or not.  Somehow, it is what we have in common with people who seem so different from us.  Sometimes, we agree on the same things even if we are coming from different walks of life. They are the unspoken laws on which we base our actions, our beliefs and most important of all, our judgments.

Somehow, those who don't follow any of these principles are those who are easily swayed by anything that comes their way.  They don't have roots and therefore, are at risk to end up in very dangerous dead ends.

The principle of knowing thyself works well for me.  Somehow, it may sound a bit self-centered.  It may seem that all I am preoccupied with is myself.  But it really isn't so.  I have to know who I am in order to improve who I am.  I have to know my strengths and weaknesses in order to put all my energy which is more beneficial for me.  If I work well, I work better for other people besides myself.  There would be one less of a pointless living creature on earth.

Unfortunately, it takes a lot of work for me.  There is so much room for improvement that I don't know if I'm actually getting there where I want to be.  It's not perfection I'm after but accomplishments.  And the way to get there is be guided by this principle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee And Mormons

My Life In Ruins

Couldn't Help Myself