No More Me Time


Okay, I've got only thirty minutes to write this - whatever this is.

These days it's so hard to gather my thoughts and write them down mainly because I don't have time (and the place) to do so.  And finally, now that they (my daughter and my husband) are asleep, I have some time to sit down and do this - again, whatever this is.

I can only afford to tweet these days.  However, that's how far my mind can go right now - a 150-character thought.  It's hard for me to be eloquent on that level so you can just imagine how hard it is for me to be eloquent on this one.    

I don't want this to end up as a complaint or rant just because I miss those times when I've got time in my hands.  I am leading the life I want these days.  It's not easy but it is what I wanted (and still want).  And I'm not even regretting that a lot has been lost but not to the extent that I lost all of those important to me.  In fact, I have gained so many and that includes experiences that I want to write so much about.  Problem is, a lot has happened already for more than a year now and I don't know if I could even remember them well enough to write about them.  You would say "But that is just one year. Are you senile or something?!".  And  I would have to say, "Yes, and this is the reason why I'm dying to write about it"  and with all of my heart regret that I wasn't able to do so.

It's almost three AM in my clock.  I woke up because my daughter was asking for her pacifier (she says she's still a small girl and still needs her "pars").  I think my mind is awake enough to sit down and open up the laptop to try one more time what I've been trying to do for the past year - write down something.

That's not the only thing I've been trying to do.  I've been trying to read a lot - the nonacademic books.  I firmly believe that I would only be able to write something good only if I read something good (and that does not include books that talk about my work).

This is what I enjoy most - uploading and saving for posterity (well, I don't really know for how long) what I write and reading more to have something to write about.  I don't even care if someone reads them.  It's a bit of an obsession and maybe, because of the random topics, a compulsion.

Times up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Couldn't Help Myself

Coffee And Mormons

My Life In Ruins